Monday, December 10, 2007

Hulu.com

A couple of months back, NBC unveiled its Hulu initiative: an online on demand viewer service. Upon the news I signed up for the Beta and patiently awaited.

You see as a doctoral student I don't have much time for anything, even less to catch my favorite programs on TV. So this is great for me. Now finally the Beta is out, and their content is pretty good and not just limited to NBC.
For NBC and News Corp. the hook was simple enough. By pooling their content (along with shows from cable channels including Bravo, E!, the SciFi Channel, USA and others) on their own website, they could create a relatively safe haven from piracy while still getting their hottest shows in front of an internet audience.
However, some early user reviews reveal the service to be available only in the US, though even some in the US are reporting service unavailability, and users are not happy about this. But then again it's just a beta.

I would hope once the service launches in full that it will have wider availability.

But for now, I think it is a great service to catch up on missed shows or mini series. So go check it out!

No comments: